Touch, 2 Receivers, and 2 Radios grouped into two groups: (Touch +
Receiver + radio) and (Radio + Reciever)

Would they behave correctly if used independently?

They're all wifi, I'm using a relatively new Netgear nighthawk, R6900v2
on a gigabit internet connection.

I think there have been reports about the hardware players not play nicely with most recent WLAN variants.

I don't know if I'm pushing the wifi too hard, but if I can transcode
the spotify tracks down that should help I should think.

If you're willing to edit a file, then go to Spotty's installation folder. Find the custom-convert.conf file and un-comment the Ogg direct transcoding rule at the bottom of the file. This should allow you to stream Ogg directly to the players with no transcoding involved.