hestbank wrote:
> Seeing the talk about Remote Login I thought, just for interest, I would
> have a look around inside. I can log in ok but the command "ls" doesn't
> show me anything. What language does the Touch use? Can anyone point me
> in the direction of a few basic commands.

You can enable/disable remote login through the
"Settings|Advanced|Remote Login" menu item. I leave it disabled most of
the time.

The Touch runs a gnu/linux system, and uses busybox to provide most of
the OS commands. There are additional supporting binaries to handle the
hardware. The purpose of the system is to run the application
SqueezePlay, which is written in the lua scripting language, but with
considerable "C" language underpinning and supporting binaries.

Beyond that, I don't know what to say. If you want to learn something
about gnu/linux operating systems, I would guess that a Raspberry Pi
might be a good place to start.