I just tried that URL from mplayer and it worked.

My dlmixcloud comment was because, from memory, that is what the plugin
uses to get the real mixcloud URL.
When I saw the "secure" and "sig" parts in the URL I thought that maybe
they were generated by MixCloud as a result the original dlmixcloud
request and they might timeout or have other protection in them. Seems
not though since it plays here on mplayer which, in turn, seems to be
using FFmpeg for the codec handling.

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc),
planetradio (bauer - kiss, absolute, scala, jazzfm etc), kcrw, supla
finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland