staresy wrote:
> Just so I'm clear, does this mean the only option to use the mixcloud
> plugin is to install ffmpeg and the playmp4 plugin as a workaround and
> it's a bit of luck that it might work?
Yes. I think it's possible because stream fails to play or parse it
falls through into the PlayMP4 plugin.

It needs more work to look at it in more detail.  LMS 8.* defines mp4
type - the playMP4 plugin may override the mp4 LMS 8.* handling but it
was designed for 7.9.* and 8.* has more options and so the MP4 plugin
may be half handling mp4 types.

However, if PlayMP4 is not installed, the http MP4 stream URL (withou
using mixcloud plugin) fails with LMS 8.* MP4 handling with a 403 - so
that implies a problem with LMS MP4 and/or https handling.

When using the mxcloud plugin, the stream fails to even start playing -
so that indicates something with the mixcloud plugin itself.

So a few layers of issues.

> Is it unlikely that the mixcloud plugin can/will be updated to correct
> this, is it no-longer supported/maintained?

MP4 and https issues should be fixable once Phillippe is made aware.

Last fix to mixcloud was done 3 months ago so it looks like it is being
maintained but you may need to open an issue on the github
https://github.com/danielvijge/lms_mixcloud