Ah, thanks for that, with debug I've now narrowed it down: it happens
only with -Spotify tracks (in the past & current)- (both local and
Spotify tracks are already added to my library).
So, Spotify tracks that are upcoming work fine and with them I'm able to
click to go to the artist/album.

But I realize this is really an edge case, so I don't expect a (quick)
fix!

cpd73 wrote:
> Not a feature I actually use, but just tried and its working fine for
> me. For the links to be active, the queue item needs to have artist_id,
> album_id, etc. If these are not present in the status message sent from
> LMS, then there will be no links. Use "http://
> SERVER:9000/material/?debug=status" and Material will log the status
> request and response messages into the "Console" tab of your browser's
> developer tools.

1x Classic / 2x Radio / 2x Receiver / LMS 8.0.0 - 1603862260 on HP
Proliant N54L with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
http://www.last.fm/user/rndr