SamY wrote:
> While it may appear to be running fine with v4.0, that is only because
> the Quick Select is not being retried. It is still timing out after 5
> seconds. Btw, I have no idea what the QZ appearing on your AVR display
> means and could find nothing by googling it. Is there a possibility that
> you have somehow deleted the Quick Select 3 definition for Zone 2 in
> your AVR? If that were the case, it would result in a timeout of the
> Z2QUICK3 command. I went back and looked at one of your previous debug
> logs from a month ago and you were getting a response time of a little
> over 2 seconds for that command then. In any case, I know now that the
> new code is not causing the timeout. It's just that the plugin is
> reacting differently to it now. I'm not sure if raising the timeout
> interval even higher would be productive except for seeing how long the
> AVR is actually taking to respond now. Can you think of any reason that
> your network response time might be that much slower now than a month
> ago? It's a little suspicious that both you and Mars are seeing the
> timeouts happening on the same Z2QUICK3 command, but I really don't
> think the reason has anything to do with the plugin. Mars was able to
> significantly reduce his response times previously be resetting his AVR,
> which I asked him to try again. In my next beta update, which should be
> coming in the next few days, I will increase the timeout interval value
> to something ridiculous like 30 seconds for testing purposes. Until
> then, keep running v4.0 and, as always, thanks for your help.

There was a possibility that I had inadvertently affected Z2QS when I
was having problems with 4.1 beta so have reset Z2QS and it appeared to
work well.New log 34509 to look at.

Regards, David

|Filename: server.log(22).zip                                       |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34509|

*Server*rpi3 pCP7.0.1 LMS8.1.2
*Media*USB hard drive
*Lounge/dining areas*SBT > Denon AVR2113  > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix
Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton
680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
*Family/kitchen*SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix
C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
*Alfresco*as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
*Others*SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
*SBT/SB Player Remotes* Squeeze Ctrl/androids