Cut-Throat wrote:
> That was certainly my problem and all I did to fix it was follow your
> link and sent myself an e-mail to find the 'UID'.  Then I edited the
> Environment and replaced the 'UID' with what my e-mail said. Worked the
> first time! - So, Thanks!
>
> BTW - As far as getting the /config folder mapped... This Docker stuff
> was mostly an experiment to see how it worked first. Is there a tutorial
> at all that explains the Backup/Restore procedure?
>
> I have been running LMS via a separate Rpi (Model 4) for about a year
> now.  As far as updating, PiCorePlayer makes it very easy to update in
> place. There may be no advantage to me using the NAS to run LMS, but I
> usually have to try it out to see for myself. -- I used to run LMS for
> about 3 years on my NAS before the Rpi Model 4.
>
> But, what would be the reason to run LMS on a NAS instead of a Rpi ?
> (Other than having to buy another Rpi - Which are pretty cheap)
>
> 34511

Well, in terms of updating, unless you use another docker container on
your NAS to automatically update( like I think 'watchover" - forgive me
if that's not correct name, I don't use it myself)
then your pCP definitely wins.
I do update manually roughly once a month ish.. It's not difficult but
not as easy as pCP.

1.Download new lms docker image
2.Stop existing container and edit auto start and ports (if in bridge
mode)
3.set up new image to identical config as old one had (that's why you
need /config folder pointing to folder on NAS for easy update or backup)

If you open 2tabs with dsm /docker container version in each, it takes a
minute at most, but yeah it's not automatic.

In terms of performance : you need to check yourself. I bet RPi 4 will
give you better experience but it may depend on which nas/which services
running etc

Why LMS on NAS you ask..
Why not. My DS218+ handles it well alongside other services and I just
like idea of keeping it all in one place (on device which is on 24/7
anyway)

I do have couple RPi 3b /3b+ but one functions as kodi with squeezelite
on libreelec and other is spare not currently in use(use to retropie) .
I don't really want to buy rPi 4 even if you like said it's rather
cheap. Still it's yet another device.

I guess it's mostly personal preference. I don't change my phone /laptop
a very year or two.. I don't like whole planned obsolescence and I like
to get most out of working gear, even if it needs bit of tlc once a
while..

Im guessing I'm bit mad / not usual user and most people will prefer to
run LMS on separate RPi for ease of use :)

Only advantage for yourself would be if you can repurpose your RPi 4..
Do you need media centre? Building a robot perhaps? [emoji880] [emoji23]

3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with
HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander,
Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in
DS218+)