Akyhne wrote:
> Yeah, I want to run with 100% fixed volume. I just didn't think the mod
> would adjust two different volume controls at once.

That only happens now when using variable output level. In v4.1, only
one preamp volume control will be in effect at a time -- LMS for
variable output and the AVR for fixed.

> The problem with having a 100% fixed volume, is that volume steps are
> way to big. I use the 0-100 scale on my receiver. And when clicking once
> on volume up/down, it jumps 5 steps, which is pretty substantial on my
> receiver.
> I finally figured out, that setting the "Maximum volume of DENON
> AVP/AVR" to -30 dB gives a more moderate volume in/decrease. And I can
> live with only going to -30 dB on my receiver via the app/phone/browser.
> That's level 50 of 100 and is pretty loud. There's no chance either to
> blow my speakers by accident.

What client app are you using? Many of them allow the user to configure
the increment (percentage) that each press of the volume button
generates. Squeezer is hard-coded at 5 and the LMS web client is 2.
Squeeze Ctrl and iPeng (I think) are configurable.

> Another issue I'm having:
> Whenever I start playing music and the AVR is turned off, it turns on.
> Great! But whenever I turn off my receiver, either via the receiver's
> remote or via HDMI-CEC by the TV, it only turns off the "Main" zone, and
> not the "Zone 2". And I've never used "Zone 2" for anything.
> So somehow, when starting the receiver via the app/phone/browser, it
> turns on both "Main" & "Zone 2", but only turns off "Main". I've never
> touched the "Zone Option" in the mod's settings. It stays at "Main".
> My reciever is a Denon AVR-2400H.

This is actually a Denon problem with newer AVR'S but we have coded a
workaround for it in v4.1.

> One request:
> My Denon receiver has the Heos system build in. It works in a similar
> way with an app, called Heos. You can play files via the storage on the
> phone or via an USB in the receiver. I recently also discovered I can
> use BubbleUPnP or similar app, to "cast" to Heos via UPnP, I think.
> One advantage is, that it displays on the receiver, which song is
> played. So it must be possible to send the title of the song via
> LAN/Wifi.
> Could that be implemented to the Denon AVP/AVR Control mod?

Interesting idea but the Denon TCP protocol used by the plugin doesn't
support it.

Sam