mherger wrote:
> > Here's two screenshots - note not a direct comparison, as the last
> > rescan I did on 7.9 was for new and changed files only (so was
> quicker
> > at 45 mins - full rescan usually takes just over an hour). Last
> night's
> > scan on 8.1 was full clear and rescan.
>
> There's a huge difference in the Fulltext Search Index. How much RAM do
>
> you have? What memory setting are you using in
> Settings/Advanced/Performance? If it isn't "High" or "Max", then most
> likely that would be the culprit.

My Synology DS218+ has 6GB of RAM. Although how much of that DSM makes
available for Docker Containers I don't know (I've disabled the
containers Resource Limitation, which I'd set to 6GB anyway, so we'll
see if that makes a difference tonight).  I've never fully understood
the LMS Performance settings, but here's two screenshots for comparison
- grateful for any advice on which to alter to speed up performance:

LMS 7.9 (FROM DS218+ PACKAGE CENTRE)
34779

LMS 8.2 (FROM DS218+ DOCKER CONTAINER)
34780

Obvious difference is 'Database Memory Config' is 'Normal' on 7.9 (the
faster of the two), but 'High' on 8.1 (odd, as this was slower when
scanning) - would it make any difference upping this to 'Maximum' on
both?  I've always had Scanner Priority set to -20, which I believe is
the highest.  Don't know if 'Server Priority' needs to be upped as well,
or what this does?

All advice gratefully received!

Andy

|Filename: LMS 8.1.jpg                                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34780|

My setup:

- LMS 7.9.1-168 running on Synology D218+ connected to Wi-Fi router
  via LAN cable
- 1 x Squeezebox Touch, 2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 x Squeezebox
  Receiver, plus Squeeze Player and Squeeze Ctrl Android apps on Samsung
  Galaxy Tab S5e and Samsung Galaxy A40 - all connecting over Wi-Fi
- LMS library either ALAC Apple Lossless (scanned in on iTunes) or
  ACC/M4A 256kbps downloads from iTunes