AndyTwizzle wrote:
> My Synology DS218+ has 6GB of RAM. Although how much of that DSM makes
> available for Docker Containers I don't know (I've disabled the
> containers Resource Limitation, which I'd set to 6GB anyway, so we'll
> see if that makes a difference tonight).  I've never fully understood
> the LMS Performance settings, but here's two screenshots for comparison
> - grateful for any advice on which to alter to speed up performance:
>
> LMS 7.9 (FROM DS218+ PACKAGE CENTRE)
> 34779
>
> LMS 8.2 (FROM DS218+ DOCKER CONTAINER)
> 34780
>
> Obvious difference is 'Database Memory Config' is 'Normal' on 7.9 (the
> faster of the two), but 'High' on 8.1 (odd, as this was slower when
> scanning) - would it make any difference upping this to 'Maximum' on
> both?  I've always had Scanner Priority set to -20, which I believe is
> the highest.  Don't know if 'Server Priority' needs to be upped as well,
> or what this does?
>
> All advice gratefully received!
>
> Andy
Just had a look at my DS218+ resource history, and the highest use of my
6GB RAM in the last year was just 23% (screenshot below). Guess this
suggests I can easily up my various priorities and Database Memory
Config to max without the Diskstation struggling?

34781

Andy

|Filename: RAM.JPG                                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34781|

My setup:

- LMS 7.9.1-168 running on Synology D218+ connected to Wi-Fi router
  via LAN cable
- 1 x Squeezebox Touch, 2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 x Squeezebox
  Receiver, plus Squeeze Player and Squeeze Ctrl Android apps on Samsung
  Galaxy Tab S5e and Samsung Galaxy A40 - all connecting over Wi-Fi
- LMS library either ALAC Apple Lossless (scanned in on iTunes) or
  ACC/M4A 256kbps downloads from iTunes