streifenleopard wrote:
> I think I don't quite get what the plug in is for.
You'll find a brief summary of what RL can do in the first post of this
thread.

streifenleopard wrote:
> It is not possible to import ratings from musicbee or another music
> player into Ratings Light? Or am I mistaken?
It's possible, just not as simple as one button click. Is this supposed
to be a one-time import or are you thinking of keeping ratings in sync
between 2 or more audio server systems?

One straightforward way for a -one-time import- would be to
- create 5 playlists (1-5 stars) with your rated tracks in that other
music software and export them as m3u/m3u8-playlists,
- import these playists into LMS (settings > basic > rescan > only
playlists),
- use RL to assign a rating value to the tracks in those playlists.

What I do to keep my ratings in sync between iTunes and LMS is to keep
them (together with a keyword) stored in the music files' comment tag so
they can travel with the files. RL can pick up rating values from
comment tags and import them into LMS. If I rate tracks in LMS  RL has
an option to export playlists with just those new/changed ratings so I
can easily set them in iTunes.