dunq wrote:
> Using the comments technique, files which have a valid rating comment
> (eg favstars4xx) get a correct rating imported, while files with no
> comment have their existing rating in the database overridden -> no
> rating. Is that the intended behaviour?

Yes, that's by design. It helps me transfer changed track ratings from
other software to LMS. In this case it's needed because otherwise LMS
would still show tracks as rated that I unrated somewhere else.
I might include an option (disabled by default though) in the next
version so tracks without comment tag keywords won't be unrated while
new and changed track ratings will still be imported. IMHO it's a corner
case but I see no harm in adding this.

dunq wrote:
> Importing from a playlist, this mostly works (though on my first run of
> testing yesterday the server would sometimes crash), but I now have a
> handful of tracks that mysteriously refuse to display a rating [Material
> skin], even though all others in the same playlist do. On further
> examination, the database has been updated for all tracks including the
> no-displayed-rating ones mentioned (correctly having a RATING value in
> the database), so why isn't the LMS interface showing the stars anywhere
> that other tracks do? (Although I realise this seems to be a non-Ratings
> Light problem,  it is only happening for files that I've rated using
> this import process, so I'm posing the question here just in case.)

While I don't know your LMS setup/config and you didn't post any log
messages I know that sometimes very large playlists can be a problem
with LMS. But on the other hand I've tested this with playlists > 2000
tracks. Could any of these tracks without displayed rating stars have
been deleted, moved or have their urls changed otherwise... can you play
them in LMS? What rating values does the persistent.db show for them?