Your last two posts are minimal - don't understand,

You need to get logging working.
If your command lines parameters are wrong - squeezelite may not show an
error, may not stop and you may not get sound.

Logging will show where you are going wrong.

PCP is being used by many people who are fussy with their audio - IIRC
this 16 bit issue has not come up so I suspect you are chasing an idea
but not actually a problem.

I'm now going offline for most of the evening.

1. get audio from standard setup
2. get squeezelite logging working (I think PCP has its own way to save
these logs)
3. Understand what output devices can provide audio and get plughw and
hw both working.
4. Start experimenting with the "-a" command line with the "hw" device
and look at squeezelite log each with each test setting.