rlw6534 wrote:
> I have been successfully using the bridge for a few of my devices (Denon
> AVR, RopieeXL) with Roon (no LMS server running) and the bridge running
> on my Synology NAS.  I was attempting to get it to work with a portable
> DAP (Hiby R3 Pro) which has a built-in UPnP renderer.  What happens is
> that the track will play for a split second and then immediately stop.
> I have tried various flac header and stream length settings without
> success.   I am attaching a log from a session where I attempted to play
> a track, waited a while and then sent a next track command and later
> paused the track and exited the bridge.  Any assistance or suggestions
> would be appreciated.  Options were default except for roon mode and
> sample rate (192000).
>
> 35560

If you have tried other stream-length w/o success, I'm not sure what to
say then. What happens here is that your player is immediately closing
the HTTP connection after it has received a few kB and then re-opens it
and closes it a few times. It is usually caused by chunked mode
supported, but you have tried other modes so I don't know. Maybe try
transcoding everything to flac or pcm and see.

NB: I've seen many (many) faulty HTTP stacks that claim to be 1.1 which
means they *must* support chunk mode but in fact they don't. Then, when
you use some 1.0 mode where you provide no content-length, they fail as
well although the HTTP standard is *perfectly* clear that no
content-length is valid and just means the data transfer should happen
until the server closes the connection. The best proof of that will be
if pcm transcoding works when you set stream length to -2 or a large
number like 2^31-16384

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3