typecrazy789 wrote:
> I've posted several times (and had a couple of messages privately with
> the author) about my trying to get LMS and the SqrSoft crossfader
> plug-ins working together via the Bridge. I've been trying to solve this
> riddle for months and months now.
>
> I finally gave up on Foobar2k because that version won't crossfade
> anything shorter than :12.
>
> Now, I'm using MediaMonkey5 running SqrSoft version 1.72. And it works
> (and works well) if I set the HTTP mode to fixed, and transcode to mp3 -
> nothing else works. All my files are FLAC and if I try to use FLAC the
> files all cut off substantially early.
>
> But the MP3 transcoding eventually fails sometimes after two hours or
> longer...at some point a track will play, and then LMS will play beyond
> the end of the track and the time remaining will keep advancing beyond
> the actual end time of the track. Audio stops as LMS can't advance to
> the next track.
>
> I'm not sure if this is a memory issue with the plug-in; I'm running a
> 64-bit computer and this is an old, 32-bit plug-in so I've wondered if
> that might be my issue.
>
> But too, I'm wondering if being able to use No Length would fix this,
> but again I can't get it to work...a single track playing results in the
> above behavior, with the track artificially adding up time at the end
> and not advancing. Chunked will play for a few seconds and then the
> audio disappears, and If Known does nothing.
>
> I should mention too that I have seen over and over it fail on songs
> just under two minutes...a 1:57 or 1:58 is almost a guarantee. Which
> makes me think it might be a buffer issue, but if so, I can't find it.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!

It is not a memory-issue related to 32/64 bits. At this stage I'd
recommend

- transcode to pcm
- only allow "raw" for "PCM format" (can try wav, but it it works, raw
is much better)
- use "if known" for lenght

This is what will be the closest to a "classical" UPnP playback.
Remember that the most difficulty I have to handle is that in
"classical" streaming, the file size is known by the source and sent
with the HTTP response to the player. Unfortunately, in the case of a
bridge, the size of the file is unkown as LMS cannot tell. By
transcoding to pcm, the bridge is capable of estimating/calculating the
file size from the duration. To be clear, providing the size in the HTTP
is *absolutely not* mandatory in HTTP spec, but unfortunately there are
a lot of bad quality HTTP and/or UPnP stacks that assume it is always
there.

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3