I understand - you obviously have access to a app_id and app_secret
witch is connected to a developer account - is there no documentation
for developers available for registered developers? (I know you didn't

I don't haven an account with them. The app ID must be from the original author.

The plugin was somehow endorsed by Qobuz when the docs was available -
(and it looks like the Kodi plugin is not totally dead, even if it's
some months since it last was updated.)

As I mentioned before (maybe in other threads) Qobuz used to be very open. But they are no more. So in the past they were happy or any kind of hardware support they got. But today they're picky about who they share information with. I was in touch with them about getting access to the documentation again, but I would have needed a company name and what not - which I don't have. They're not prepared to deal with individuals.