icemen wrote:
> I need some help with two players on server device,
>
> both devices are USB, ( USB dac and USB to coax converter, using
> different drivers)
> I can play them independently just fine ( in all modes; asio, KS,WDM) ,
> but having problems to leave booth output devices active at the same
> time...
>
> I've even tried to use two commands for squeezelite-x64.exe and
> squeezelite*.ffmpeg.exe with different -o "my output devices" and -n (
> name ie; USB or SPDIF) for each output device accordingly,
> otherwise new run of squeezelite-x64.exe will replace whatever previous
> specified device was,and become new prime output,
>
> while I can get them both to show up briefly, then one of them wont play
> correctly and after about 3 second the time line jumps to the end of the
> track,
>
> any idea how to do this right under windows? ideally I would like  to
> run a minimized process or as service,
> only in worst case this  could be as two gui instances,
> I hope someone has done this before or can point me to right direction,
>
> Thank you

Squeezelite-X has an "experimental" Multi-Room feature to run multiple
instances of squeezelite in order to drive separate soundcards.  (It is
"experimental" because I don't have the equipment to really test it
thoroughly.)  Anyway, using Squeezelite-X, you go into settings and
choose the Output Device for the first player.  Then you can press the
button with two diagonal squares to the right of the player name and
that will take you to the "Multi-Room" tab, where you can enable/define
additional players (Name/Output Device).  The second player will inherit
any other settings from the first/primary player.

(I was confused by your third paragraph, are you running Squeezelite-X?)

35789

R Greg Dawson

|Filename: SLX-Multi-Player-Settings.png                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35789|

Squeezelite-X