castalla wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Essentially, because my wife is experiencing significant sensory/vocal
> problems, I'm looking for the most basic control interface.
>
> Here's what car mode looks like in android audible
>
> This would be perfect if only Amazon/Audible got their act together to
> play to Echos

I think you can make virtually any recent Android tablet work in car
mode. If you can then you could just use it conjunction with any BT
speaker.

What gear do you have at your disposal?

Jim
https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Radio
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes