jigsaw_rh wrote:
> Sorry reposting in the good thread (I've posted in the deprecated one).
> Hello @philippe_44,
> I've just setup squeezetoupnp for my Bel Canto Refstream to use with
> Roon.
>
> OS is Debian and platform is x86_64.
>
> Solution is running quite well but this is not perfect as, sometimes
> (not often), playback randomly failed and stop with following exception
> :
> "[00:51:03.407169] read_line:589 fd: 10 read error: 104 Connection reset
> by peer
> [00:51:03.407293] http_parse:513 cannot read method
> [10:54:08.152015] read_line:589 fd: 11 read error: 104 Connection reset
> by peer
> [10:54:08.152043] http_parse:513 cannot read method"
>
> Last error occurend with the following scenario :
> - I was listening to an album (around 10 tracks)
> - in the middle of this album, I decided to switch to a new album so
> launch a new album with "play now"
> - New tracks were added, but playback failed
> - I have to press "play" button again to make it working
>
> I have played a lot with "streaming_length" parameter when putting in
> place the solution and neither "-1", "-2" or "-3" was working.
> Playback never launched and get the "connection reset by peer" issue.
> That's why I have set a very high value following your recommandation.
> But it still randomly fails like I said ...
>
> Here is my config.xml file :
>
> Any chance to have a better configuration ?
>
> Thanks for your support,
> Kind Regards,
> Jeff

I don't think there is anything to improve, unfortunately. The problem
is likely that the device does not behave correctly wrt to HTTP
content-length and/or use of chunked-encoding, this is a faulty stack
that only works if there is a *real* content-length indicated (again,
this NOT compliant with HTTP standards). So the "large number" is a
trick where the bridge tells the device to expect a very large file and
closes the connection when everything has been received from LMS (Roon
in your case). Some device really don't like to be lied about the real
file size, hence the problem. It does not happen with a real LMS as the
workaround is to force the bridge to transcode to PCM and get the
duration from LMS, so that the content-length sent is real by
calculation. Roon does not provide a full emulation of LMS and the
duration is missing, so the "fake" size is the only option that
sometimes fail. I think Bel Canto has to fix their software.

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3