cpd73 wrote:
> I guess what is required is way to sort podcast episodes; latest first,
> or oldest first. Perhaps this could be a configuration setting of the
> Podcast plugin? That way it would be the same for all UIs.
>
> I could add a sort option for Material, but I would need a way to know
> the current list is a list of podcast episodes. I don't personally use
> podcasts, but will give this some thought.

I didn't see anything in the podcast plugin settings, but maybe that is
a more appropriate place to address any proposed changes. For Material,
I was thinking of a "swap queue order" button, that is made visible when
you make a selection in the queue (like the "remove from queue" button)
but it feels like a hack (although an elegant one...) so it's not a
request. :)

I have subscribed to a new podcast that has had multiple seasons, so
alot of time there is 50+ episodes in the list. I think my brain, and
the other poster thought how can I play they bottom up? The reality
though is, do you really need to add 50+ episodes, 50+hours to the
queue? So, I am thinking if there is, say 10 in a season, add them to
the queue (or build a playlist), drag and drop to reorder, done. Next
season, do the same.

Craig, btw, I think I ran into something that might be intentional, or
might not be. Its very ticky tacky, so just noting it, not expecting you
to care :)

To recreate (on PC) - In the list of episodes, or tracks, if click an
item, pulldown->select, item is selected. You then go to select a range,
go to another item, say 10 items away, then hold down control <by
mistake> and click the item, it selects both, as it should. But you
realize you wanted shift, so you unclick the second, then hold down
shift, click the second, and it behaves like control. You have to
unselect both the first and the second, then do it over with shift
before it behaves as expected.

To summarize, if you select a range and make a mistake by either holding
down control, or just clicking a second item, you have to unselect all
items before you can select a range with the shift key. You can't keep
the first selected.

Jim

Jim