MrC wrote:
> I spaced on the images part - hadn't had my morning coffee when I
> replied.  Sorry about that.
>

> There is still some drift, and I believe the syncing is only at the
> beginning of each track.
>

> I used to use Whitebear (DLNA server) to do the same; it had a nice
> feature that would tell LMS to directly play the tracks if they were on
> the same system (bypassing the DLNA playback mechanism).  So you could
> use MC to initiate playback, Whitebear would take over and tell LMS to
> play the track.  when I was using Windows, it was a very nice setup.
> The author stopped supporting it; I'm not sure if it still runs on
> current Windows.

Yeah, I played with Whitebear and J. River a few years back as well and
decided to re-visit recently hoping they made some progress...

I really like how foobar2000 shows as a player in LMS and the audio sync
between foobar on the pc and the duets/sonos is pretty good (much better
than J. River)

It works when I initiate playback through the LMS web interface or
Orange Squeeze/Squeeze Ctrl from phone/tablet. I wonder if there's a way
to make it work by initiating playback from foobar?

Because apparently there's a J. River-like skin for foobar2000 -
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=116085.new#new