Redrum wrote:
> @RCST, thank you so much for this app. I am new to tidal (on a HiFi 3
> month trial) and struggled with the LMS interface. This is a godsend!
> Accessing suggestions based on my listening is important to me, and I
> could not figure out how to do it via LMS. Using tidal's app is a great
> way to access them.
>
> I have some observations and comments:
>

> Thank you again;
> Jim
Thank you for using the app and providing the detail feedback. As I
mentioned before, I am just an amateur software developer and this is my
first and only android app, so sometimes I struggled to understand some
basic android concepts. But will definitely improve the app based on you
guys' feedback if time allows.

Back to your questions/comments, please see my responses below, thanks.

1) It works great for me almost all of the time, but some things don't
work. For example, I can't get "My Daily Discovery" or any of the
"Master Edition - Track Radio" to play. Most playlists and albums do
work. I am not sure if this because these are handled differently?

A: I guess the LMS Tidal plugin can only play "Track", "PlayList" and
"Album" (please correct me if I am wrong), so my app can't do much as
the playing part is managed by LMS (& the Tidal plugin).

My workaround is to (in the Tidal app) add any "My Daily Discovery",
"Radio" or "Mix" into a new PlayList, then play the PlayList.

2) No biggie but your app says "you can exit" and there is no exit. I
just switch over to the tidal app.

A:Yap, the home button will do as well. Again, this is due to my
ignorance of basic android concept, I don't even know what is "exit"
really doing in android.

3) Happy to report that it works on Android 12 (I have a Pixel) and also
on Amazon Fire Tablets (I used Fire Toolbox to "de-amazon" them, return
them close to stock android)

A:Thanks for the report, now there have been reports that the app works
on v9-v12 then.

4) I find that when I am in Tidal, I choose "Share" and the only options
are "copy" and "more". I have to choose "more" to get to LMS Connect.
Anyone know of an easier way, maybe get the LMS connect options along
side "copy"?

A:Sorry I can't do anything on this either as this is the design of the
Tidal app.

5) Wondering if you were thinking about publishing it on F-Droid like
Material? I think it might make our updates easier. Just a thought.

A: Will look into this.

6) I don't see any way to determine the version number other than under
settings->apps->LMS connect, which I guess is ok.

A:When I first developed this app, the intent was just a little toy for
myself and never thought about version control, but this is easy to add
in the next release.