cpd73 wrote:
> Glad to hear is working for someone else. Perhaps I'll formalize the
> release...

That'd be great.

Whilst I can't spend all day listening to music, I'm very impressed with
the mixes I'm getting...

I did say I would try utilising the Genre groups, but I'm not thinking
that's necessary at the moment as it does not steem to stray to far off
course, and I'd rather not restrict my options for varying playback at
this time. What interesting is that if I go and play what I'd consider a
minority genre, like "Classical",  which I don't have a gread deal of,
it seems to follow with mostly classical tunes, or piano based pop that
flows quite well - which demonstrates a remarkably effective matching
ability in place with your default settings.

I do have a couple of questions in respect of genre though:

i) Will it handle multiple genres on a track? (e.g. if I have a track
with "Rock" and "Soundtrack", would a group with either of these still
potentially pick the track?
ii) In the Server config, you have "Restrice genres", Yes/No. Does this
override the choice of DSTM - "Similarity" or "Similarity (Ignore
Genre)". I'm not to sure if both are required, unless you want different
players utilising different options.

And a couple of thoughts on what may be useful additional options in
future:

i) Can you add a basic genre exclusion option? (e.g. Exclude "Audio
Book", "Language Course" to exclude things you're never realistically
going to want in a mix.) This could also be applied when analysing
tracks.
ii) What about considering playcount in the selection? I'm thinking this
could be used to prioritise tracks that have not been listened to before
or recently. (Admittedly, "recently" is tricky as there's likely no
"last date played" to work with!)