mruddo wrote:

> i) Will it handle multiple genres on a track? (e.g. if I have a track
> with "Rock" and "Soundtrack", would a group with either of these still
> potentially pick the track?

It -should- handle multiple genres - at least the code is written to try
and handle this, but I have no files tagged this way.

mruddo wrote:
> ii) In the Server config, you have "Restrict genres", Yes/No. Does this
> override the choice of DSTM - "Similarity" or "Similarity (Ignore
> Genre)". I'm not to sure if both are required, unless you want different
> players utilising different options.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm too keen on the 2 DSTM entries - this was
added as a request by "afriend" to enable quick switching of using
genres or not.

mruddo wrote:
> i) Can you add a basic genre exclusion option? (e.g. Exclude "Audio
> Book", "Language Course" to exclude things you're never realistically
> going to want in a mix.) This could also be applied when analysing
> tracks. As it happens, the matching's so good, that maybe it's never
> going jump from a song to a book, but there's probably not a lot of
> point analysing such genres anyway.

I could add this for the analysis stage.

mruddo wrote:
> ii) What about considering playcount in the selection?

The python API code treats the DB as read-only, so has no way to store
playcounts. What I -could- do is have the LMS plugin for more tracks
than are required and then have the plugin choose tracks that have been
played the least. I'l have to think about this, as its not something I
particularly care about.

mruddo wrote:
> Admittedly, "recently" is tricky as there's likely no "last date played"
> to work with. Something like the traditional radio feature, "haven't
> heard this in ages" implementation would be nice - although likely
> that'd require more detail to pick out songs played multiple times, but
> not in the past x months - or something along those lines, so is likely
> not so simple.

Again, the API code has no knowledge of when a track was last played,
etc.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.