cpd73 wrote:
> Have you tested your analysis results, as stated on the music-similarity
> github homepage? Musly does have a known issue where it assigns the same
> similarity to all songs. If everything is OK with that, perhaps set all
> the filters to 0, so that just Musly is used.
Database looks clean to me. In fact, if you'd like a second,
similarly-sized database to your own collection to use when testing, I
can share mine with you. PM if interested.

cpd73 wrote:
> Seeing as you have analysed your tracks with Essentia high-level, you
> could try setting 'Similarity weighting' to 100. This will cause only
> Essentia to be used. The similarity score is the calculated on how close
> each track is to the seed track's Essentia high-level attributes. Would
> be interesting to see if you see an improvement there. Or even try at
> 50, so that both are used, etc?

Actually, I have been using the Similarity weight at 100, just to focus
on the high-level attributes. I haven't played much with the Musly side
of things. Still on my To Do list. I don't feel I have enough experience
to write with any confidence about my experience, even the Heart example
could have been circumstantial. In Essentia scoring, I would put my
confidence around 0.08425123, give or take. (Aside for any
German-speaking readers, has anyone else noticed the loose connection
between Musly and Müsli, the breakfast cereal made of oats, grains,
fruits, and nuts? I couldn't find any link from the Musly creator, D.
Schnitzer, describing such a connection, but it does seem inevitable, or
a happy coincidence at the very least.)