So are others seeing the issue with Spotty stopping a few seconds into a
song, pausing about 10 seconds, then carrying on (sometimes) or just
outright stopping?  Doesn't happen on 100% of songs, but most of them.
Has started in the last week or two.

I have checked, am not using British English in LMS, I have
re-authorised Spotty (after deleting everything in the cache dir related
to spotty).  No other network issues/changes and we use Spotty here
daily for the last few years without issues.

(LMS running as a docker, updated just now, with latest everything.
Clients are mainly Booms).