cpd73 wrote:
> So, you have been using just Bliss for mixes? If so, are you happy with
> them? I'm leaning more towards just using Bliss. I've even written a
> mixer in Rust with the intention of writing an lms plugin that will
> start the relevant executable for the host OS. This would make
> installation easier - just the LMS plugin required, and another Rust-exe
> to analyse all files (working on this at the moment - but never written
> Rust before!)
>
> To me, Essentia takes a lot f time and does not add much.

Yes, I'm happy with the Bliss-mixes. They are quite similar to what I
had with MusicIP and SugarCube, with *_a_lot_* less effort in
maintenance. I haven't yet had the opportunity to play with different
simalgo settings, but it's certainly way better than e.g. the LastMix
approach to DSTM, as that is a lot too genre-bound for my eclectic
collection and repeats artists/albums way too often.

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901
+ Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer
PDP-LX5090H
Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel
Ultima 20 Mk 2
Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey +
Topping A30 + Focal Elear
Car: TBC ...