I am also experiencing the same reported issue since a few days
(Location: Germany): When selecting a playlist for playback trough
spotty, it keeps skipping through all tracks - no playback at all. The
setup was rock solid before, but all over sudden no playback anymore.

So we now have one report from Germany and Austria each, and many more out of Denmark. I still believe this must be some geographical hiccup on Spotify's side.

Could all of you report what you'd get in http://apresolve.spotify.com/? It should return a list of servers librespot would use to communicate with Spotify. Maybe there's a pattern?

What ISPs are you using? Maybe it's a problem with one network?

Any ideas what can be done to recover the plaback?

I'd have fixed things if I know how to do it...