bpa wrote:
> With file based problems -process is repeatable.
> With stream based problems, it is rarely exactly repeated as packets can
> take longer/slower to arrive and so have different number - so unless
> problem is a data encoding issue - bytes received will vary.
>
> I have patched up a version of 1.12beta (from Nov 2019) so not quite the
> same as github 1.12beta but it save socketwrapper log in a file in
> \Windows\Temp
>
> Attached is the socketwrapper 1.12beta2 file zipped. Unzip, rename
> existing socketwrapper so you can revert and save the attached version
> in Bin/MSwin32 etc try this version.  Ideally try SB2 as it is shortest
> time until an issue.
> No need to restart LMS, just logging enable player.source to DEBUG
>
> Play till it stops. A window with socketwrapper logging should open up
> while playing and disappear when stopped.
>
> Check for file in\Windows\Temp\socketwrapperdebug.log  - zip and attach
> to a post.

I wanted to wait till the entire track had played back but now, at
32m18s, I think it's time to accept that something changed. What? You
mention using an older beta, while the socketwrapper beta I downloaded
from Ralph Irving on github had been compiled three days ago with some
cleaning up. Maybe something went wrong during the process?

I will actually try to put back that version and see if now everything
plays back just fine with that one too (in which case, we'll probably
remain with a mystery on our hands but... I would not complain). The
other thing I am going to try is using it for other clients (DAC32,
Squeezelite, Boom).

I will report back once the testing is complete but, maybe, in the
meantime you could have a look and see if there's a difference between
your source and that used by Ralph Irving to compile his beta?

PS
I had no window opening during playback but socketwrapperdebug.log is
being created in the location you mentioned. Just thought it was worth
pointing this out.