pupvogel wrote:
> Maybe it's worth mentioning:
> I tried downloading the whole track (using dlmixcloud.com) to check if
> it plays through when NOT streaming. It does.
I did that yesterday on Linux just to check mp4/faad handling in case
there was something unusual.

As playing from a file shows that transcoded stream to player does not
trigger Watchdog. I feel the problem is to do with input streaming which
is being buffered and then passed through transcoding chain before being
streamed to player (even though player on same system as server, TCP
networking is used).  Often in these cases input stream gets reset if
player is playing audio and not asking for data, which is why HTTP
"persistent" buffering is needed.  So there may be an unusual set of
read/writes.