pupvogel wrote:
> Maybe it's worth mentioning:
> I tried downloading the whole track (using dlmixcloud.com) to check if
> it plays through when NOT streaming. It does.
Just remembered - watchdog timer is only enabled for remote streaming.

The watchdog timer was implemented because when remote source reset the
link - transcoding chain would shutdown but often leaving zombie
processes. For some users with a favorite station played often - this
resulted in the regularly need to reboot the PC.

Need to check whether watchdog mechanism is "faulty" now that buffered
(i.e. saved in a temp file) remote streaming has been implemented (e.g.
whole source is downloaded into LMS within seconds of playing starting
and prorbably connection closed).  Intuitively this should not be the
case as player consumes audio at rate of playing and so audio data
should be flowing constantly through socketwrapper as long as there is
data to be played regardless of source.