smarties wrote:
> Could be related, but playing directly from Amazon music or BBC radio
> works fine on the echos so I'm not sure its exactly same problem.
>
> I've tried de-registering and re-registering the echo too, and that made
> no difference.
>
> It's a bit weird how the echo player never appears as a player in the
> front end, in my case it only appears on the Settings - Information
> screen with the same IP as the LMS server itself (as a Web Client) - is
> that expected ?
>
> When I access the stream.mp3 endpoint from a browser on my laptop - the
> laptop appears as a player in LMS with the laptop IP - hence the
> question
>
> Can you also advise what the UUID is used for in the set up process ?
> I'm using the the one that appears on the echo spot screen when I ask it
> to discover my players (the ngrok-updater.sh script succeeds fine with
> that UUID but I'm still curious if it is relevant)

Just thought of something: A while back I was asked by a user with an
odd setup (he did not have credentials on his non-ngrok proxy but did
have credentials on his LMS instead) if I could pass the credentials
through in the stream-URL which seemed harmless at the time. These then
end up in the path to the /stream.mp3 endpoint but are ignored if LMS
has no credential enabled:

http://username:password@192.168.1.2:9000/stream.mp3?player=Alexa-xxxxx

However, if you have any of the characters : @ / = ? in your username or
password, it would mess up streaming. If that's the case for you, remove
the offending character and re-try.

If that was the issue then I'll have a think how I could get around the
issue by perhaps urlencoding (not sure if LMS would accept URL encoded
credentials for him).

Regarding the uuid, I don't want to store people's privacy-sensitive
data so you don;t have an account/login with my back-end
(smartskills.tech). Instead, I recognise users anonymously by assigning
a uuid to them. You actually store the uuid, not me. It's kept in your
browser's localStorage database which normally survives clearing your
browser cache.