Paul Webster wrote:
> Apologies in advance if this has already been considered ...
> If the break is at 120 seconds (plus a tiny bit) then maybe the Windows
> TcpTimedWaitDelay is kicking in because of something that it thinks did
> not get acknowledged 2 minutes earlier.
>
> There is a registry key available to adjust from the default of 120
> seconds
> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/technical-guides/settings-that-can-be-modified-to-improve-network-performance
>
> Changing that number (and rebooting) and then seeing if there is a
> direct correlation with the time when the problem happens would at least
> help focus things.
>
> Note - the key is not present by default.

Great minds etc, etc... :D
I tried that earlier today while searching for tcpip-related settings
that default to 2 minutes. Tried changing it to 30 secs as some tuning
sites recommend but it made no difference. The 2-minute error intervals
remain, so it appears to be unrelated. I think we're on the right track
though. The fact that it only happens with peers on the same host should
be another clue.

Sam