humax99 wrote:
> Yes, true. I have been caught out with that before! I find it easier to
> check the track numbering than it is to correct the metadata. My library
> needs a good sort out of the metadata to align all the inconsistent
> punctuations, artist name formats, etc. This is the main reason I use
> Music Folder browsing as I have at least been careful to organise all
> the folders.

My guess -- and that's all it is! -- is that when browsing through Music
Folder, LMS is only showing FILES (as both Bob and Paul have suggested),
not SONGS. In that mode, LMS may not have access to metadata, so it does
not know if the files in a folder are part of an album or just a random
collection. If Craig were to decide to add this option to Material, it
would probably need to be more like "Play folder starting with this
file." That would work sometimes to play the rest of the album, but
sometimes would result in unwanted behavior.

Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual
players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio,
Boom or Classic.