bpa;227053 Wrote:
> How about giving some hard info about your system (e.g. OS, version of
> SS) and what player you are using.  AlienBBC should have nothing to do
> with WMA if you are using an SB3.

the system is debian stable with a 2.6.18 kernel.

slimserver is version 6.5.4.

the Squeezebox is an SB3 with v81 firmware.

> Can you play internet radio ?

yes - seems to work fine except for BBC

> I wouldn't say mplayer is OK if there is no sound !.  If you are
> running softsqueeze on Linux it will grab sound and will not anyhgting
> else play.  So if you are testing mplayer on an Linux systems stop SS
> and Softsqueeze.

no, not running softsqueeze.  my X-term is an ancient laptop and I
never got sound going on it (hence lack of sound with mplayer).

from the slimserver file conversion panel I have Windows Media
(built-in) selected.  If I try to select any of the three Windows Media
entries above that I get errors saying it can't find the binary for
wmadec.  Is that relevant?

Giles

--
giles