mkanet;246507 Wrote:
> okay, I copied the lame dll file in the bin subdirectory.  Now what?
> 1) Do I need to register it as a directshow filter?
> 2) Do I need to configure slimserver to accept this encoder or choose
> this encoder instead of what it's doing?

The way I have it on windows is that there is a folder called
MSWin32-x86-multi-thread within the Bin subdirectory. This should
contain a number of windows executables including flac.exe. To this I
added the lame binary - lame.exe . There was no need to register it as
a directshow filter.

In the slimserver web interface, go to server settings. Select 'File
types' and under "FILE FORMAT CONVERSION SETUP "make sure the line
which says File Format - Flac and Stream Format - mp3 is selected. Save
this.

> 3) Where do I specify the bit rate limit exactly?
> 4) At what point can I go to my softsqueeze player and play flac/sirius
> radio at a prespecified bit rate?

Connect to SlimServer with Softsqueeze. Then go back to the web
interface. Under Settings, click on player settings for your
SoftSqueeze player (it might be listed by MAC or IP addresses). In the
pulldown menu, select the Audio option. After that you should see LAME
Quality Level, and Bitrate Limiting. Set those to what suits your
requirements. Hit save, and you should be good to go.

--
Nikhil