I have a new plugin up, The Synchronizer.
The Synchronizer attempts to emulate something of the Sonos idea of
zones, allowing you to create a sets of players you want to synchronize
together, and quickly activate the set.  For instance, you have 4
players, say bedroom, study, living room, outside, you could create a
set for bedroom and study, and leave the other's unsynchronized.  You
could also create a set where the study and living room are
synchronized together, as are the outside and study are synchronized
together.  You can create an arbitrary number of sets, and switch
easily between them.

Available at
http://www.koldware.com/SlimStuff/Plugins-Synchronizer-Plugin.zip

This is brand new, and pretty much beta quality.  Please, give it a
spin and let me know if you like, or if you have problems.

Now, if only I had a Squeezebox Controller to port the control
interface to that....

Eric

--
kolding