I'm afraid this still doesn't work for me (with latest nightly).
It might be best if I describe exactly what I am doing.

I am creating a folder in my favourites called "BBC Radio (by
category)". I then go and add each of the categories I want from Home >
AlienBBC  > BBC Listen Again  to my favourites using the heart burron on
the item. Unfortunately it is not possible to add them directly into my
new folder or drag and drop the items onto the folder, so I then either
go to the favourites.opml and change the position of the new favourites
so they appear under my folder or copy and paste the favourite URLs
using the web interface into the correct position (i.e. recreate the
favourites in the correct place). I've tried adding them as folder and
also as direct links under my new folder. Neither appears to work. SC7
tries to play the URL (example:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/musicdoc_promo.shtml).

As an addition to this it would be really handy to be able to drag and
drop a newly created favourite on to a favourite folder via the web
interface. It would also be useful to be able to chose to create a
favourite directly in a chosen folder when clicking the heart button
for any item (but I imagine this is a lot more fiddly to implement).

I hope this all makes sense.

MC

--
ModelCitizen