> Is it possible to use the remote controller to indicate if you Love a
track while its playing

Yes, from the LastFM menu on the controller.

> Can you set this up to work when connected directly to Squeezenetwork
with no PC turned on

When the 'official' LastFM plugin is released it will work on
Squeezenetwork

> I notice that on my PC the SqueezeScrobbler folder in the Plugins
folder now has some additional files that weren't there originally
(install.xml, strings.txt, playStation.pl and a schema file). These
files are not there on the Windows Home Server so I guess the plugin
hasn't installed correctly?

Sounds like it. You definitely need those files!

James