bpa;299981 Wrote:
> Probably - I need to get some sample "inexact" record to tests.  I have
> a problem - I can't find a CD which will return a "inexact" match (my
> CDs must be too "normal") so I have to provoke CDDB by faking CD TOCs-
> this requires time to create.
>
> I think the problem lies with the calculation of CDDB Discid - the
> total no of secs on a CD can be calculated in two ways and occasionally
> there are small differences which may result in throwing up inexact
> matches.
>
> It would help if you could post the cdda2wav TOC for CDs which have
> inexact CDDB record matches.

How about just burning 10 random songs on a CD? That usually creates
quite a few "inexact" responses.

But I agree that these can be rare, the identification is pretty good.
A few years ago I sampled a LP and burned it to a CD, the result made a
direct hit (correct) at CDDB, I was really surprised!

Unfortunately I can't post anything since the machines I'm currently
running SC on all don't have a CD drive. I'm currently building a new
one as a prototype for some server product ideas I have but that's not
finished, yet.

But I'd volunteer to write an iPeng UI for the plugin as soon as that's
finished ;-)

--
pippin

---