yoyoma;326950 Wrote:
> Maybe the file size of the icons is slowing things down? For example,
> radio.png is 43kb and radioDark.png is 30kb. It seems that this could
> be compressed or tweaked to lower the file size significantly.

Those are not being loaded at startup. Actually there's one artwork
that IS redundant and that I forgot to remove on .5 but what really
takes time is
a) the playlist
b) plugins if you've got a lot of them enabled.

But the bulk is on the playlist. With shorter playlists and a fast
server, that doesn't hurt much (will load within two seconds) but on
longer playlists it's an issue. The problem is: the playlist is being
loaded in the background, but if the background request is being
started before the foreground request is ready, Safari keeps up that
bar on the top.
BTW, the page should work fine even before loading is finished in this
case.
Also it SHOULD get better on the second time you load the page when
caching sets in.

The problem here is, that iPeng 0.5 is not as it was supposed to be,
architecture wise. It was MEANT to all run in one page so that you can
just flip back and forth between browse pages and NowPlaying.
If you are REALLY brave you can have a look at it on the latest svn
version of iPeng.
The problem is, the current iPhone browser is extremely buggy on the
animations stuff and just doesn't render some content well, leaving
this quite unusable, so I decided to hold back on that until the
browser is fixed and to focus on the native app instead. I'm a bit fed
up working around browser bugs in Mobile Safari...

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com