CptHarlock;329287 Wrote:
> At this point I have to admit I am really a noob with linux and stuff so
> could you be so kind as to run me through the procedure on how to access
> the folder structure? Never used ssh in my life. I run windows PCs
> (shame on me, I know!) and the readynas on the local network.
>
> Thanks!
>
> CptHarlock

Hi there, no problem , Windows users are Linux users in waiting, first
of all you need to ensure you have ssh enabled on the RN, for this you
need to download and upgrade the firmware on the RN, the file you
require is EnableRootSSH_1.0.bin, copy this to somewhere the RN can
access it and from Frontview admin page select System / Upgrade /
Local, then click the browse button and locate EnableRootSSH_1.0.bin,
then press "Upload and verify image" once the image has been verified
press update, you then need to reboot the RN ( it sounds alot harder
than it is ). Secondly you need to install a product name Putty on the
Windows PC - this is a Windows SSH client, once you have it installed
you can "SSH" into any machine which has a ssh server running ( which
the RN should have by now ) you can then follow my previous
instructions, let me know how you get on

--
pkfox

When the going gets weird - the weird turn pro. Hunter S Thompson