tamanaco;331523 Wrote:
> Catalog creator handles all my Various Artists albums fine except for
> one album. I can't figure out why this album is not recognized as a
> compilation. As you can see in  the attached images the Album in
> question is a compilation and the SC Web interface displays as such.
> ACC for some reason list this Album under Artist A. C. Jobim instead of
> under Various Artists. As you can see tracks 1, 6 and 10 in this Album
> are not by A. C. Jobim.
>
> One more small "cosmetic" thing... if I try to print the Catalog with
> the Genre R&B the resulting Catalog displays it as R B.

ACC performes the following actions to determine if an album is a
compilation album:
1. retrieve all track artist of an album
2. Sort them by name and count every occurence
3. The unique track artist string that performes more than half of the
tracks is considered the album artist. If there is no artist performing
more than half of the tracks the album is considered a compilation
album.

I could't think of a better algorithm yet since the album compilation
bit in the database is totally useless (if there is one guest artist
performing on only one track, the whole album is considered a
compilation album).

--
SilverRS8

Author of -'AlbumCatalogCreator' (http://www.vanholt.nl/acc/acc.htm)-