jacabo;342977 Wrote:
> It looks like a really great plugin and i can't wait to try it.  But I
> seem to be missing the most basic step -- that of getting my iphone to
> join the intranet.
>
> using another computer, i can browse to the ipeng skin -- so far so
> good, but when i try to connect to the same url with the iphone, no
> dice.  There must be some method for getting the iphone to join the
> network that i am missing? It's found my WIFI just fine -- just not the
> computers attached to it.
>
> any advice for the newest of newbies?

I assume you are using Windows or Linux. Problem is not with iPeng but
with iPhone: you have to use Bonjour to announce devices.
So the only way around that is to enter the IP adress as a URL
(http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000/ipeng), there's some hints on the
intallation page on PenguinLovesMusic.
If you cannot reach it there, you've probably blocked the port with a
firewall.

--
pippin

---