bpa;343059 Wrote:
> I think the issue is your windows installation is not in "c:\windows"
> and I have a bug which hardcoded a path in a file.

Maybe it is possible to use environment variables instead of a
hardcoded path? On my system (Windows XP Professional), there is an
environment variable named "ComSpec" which by default has a value of
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe". Another one, "SystemRoot" points to the
directory in which Windows is installed (value: "C:\WINDOWS"). If I
remember correctly the corresponding statement in Perl is
$ENV("VARNAME").

--
carp

Carsten