I have previously reported FFWD problems with iplayer, which seem to
come and go without any pattern I can fathom.

e.g.1: when I try to FFWD this stream (on Boom or SoftSqueeze):

iplayer://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/3/auth/iplayer_streaming_http_mp4/b00fkhpj

--> I get the message "cannot seek with unknown duration".

e.g.2: FFWD this stream:-
iplayer://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/3/auth/iplayer_streaming_http_mp4/b00fkhwx

--> gives the message "cannot seek with unknown bitrate".

e.g.3: this stream works fine?-
iplayer://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/3/auth/iplayer_streaming_http_mp4/b00fhqys

Edit:
all streams above can be FFWD using the web interface with no
problems!?
Strangely , when I do this, I can sometimes then be able to FFWD ok
using the Boom remote! it seems very random when FFWD works and when it
doesnt.

Version: 7.3 - 23961 @ Wed Nov 19 03:38:16 PST 2008
Hostname: bigpc
IP: 192.168.0.2
HTTP Port: 9000
OS: Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Platform: 586
Perl Version: 5.8.8 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

BBC iPlayer (v0.3)

--
heidtheba