Ownership seems OK. Very odd behaviour. If I make a duplicate
('aacpmplayer.sh copy') it says it's a Unix executable file. If I
delete the 'copy' bit, it's back to a plain text file. If I leave a
space after sh, it stays executable. But I'm not convinced it is.

Perhaps I should take a step or two back and give a quick bit of
background. I just upgraded from SS 6.5.1 to SC 7.2.1. I am not running
Alien BBC as I'm using the BBC iPlayer plugin instead. That seems fine.
Some radio stations - from my point of view particularly Paradise and
JazzFM - have AACplus streams available, which I think are higher
quality than the top MP3 streams. In order to run AACplus streams on my
SB3, I've presumed I just need mplayer and this aacpm 'plugin'. But now
these probs. Maybe I should be content with MP3.

I'd be grateful for some help.

--
whitman