I realize that is says clearly here:
http://www.herger.net/slim/detail.php?nr=1026  that slimnas doesn't run
on the AMD64 builds of freenas.  However, I could use some advice about
what to do next.

I built this before I knew about these issues:

Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD
OCZ StealthXStream OCZ500SXS 500W ATX12V / EPS12V
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W
OCZ SLI-Ready 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual
Channel
3 x 1TB SATA drives
Freenas is running in an embedded fashion off a 4gb usb thumb drive.

I upgraded to:
0.69RC2 Kralizec (revision 4083)
built on Sun Nov 30 10:46:11 UTC 2008
OS Version      FreeBSD 6.4-RELEASE (revision 199506)
Platform        amd64-embedded on AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
5000+ running at 2600 MHz

I installed:
slimnas-1.1.2.tgz
and tried squeezecenter-7.3.1-24389-noCPAN.tgz and
squeezecenter-noCPAN.tgz from here:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/current/

I was able to install the Squeezecenter extension in Freenas, but the
service fails to start with any version of squeeze center that I try.
I get this message:

Status (SlimNAS Version v1.1.2)
Failed  SqueezeCenter is not available. Please note that it might take
a minute or more for the service to be available after a restart.
Please refresh this page to check the status again.

(multiple refreshes don't help).

1) Where do I locate the log file to see what's going on with this?
2) I have tried installing the i386 version of freenas on my machine,
but get an error message before it starts.
3) I can't use the older versions of freenas because my NIC is not
recognized.
4) should I abandon this scheme and install squeeze center on another
computer linked to the freenas drives?

Thanks.

--
jbraveman