Triode;377637 Wrote:
> Ops - I missed this.  They are now in the 3rd part repo on svn - not
> sure how long this will take to get to the SN server.
>
> Andy - the next one to review is TrackStat if Erland thinks it is
> appropriate.
It doesn't really matter to me, but don't think Andy liked its
synchronous HTTP calls.

TrackStat doesn't have any synchronous HTTP calls when it is used by
itself, but part of the TrackStat code is called from the Custom Scan
plugin and that part of the TrackStat code contains synchronous HTTP
calls.

TrackStat does also have a long startup time in large libraries on slow
machines which might be something that could cause support issues.

I'm sure Andy will give me a huge list of refactoring possibilities if
he reviews it because this is my oldest plugin and huge parts of it
really needs a major rewrite. I'm not going to do this rewrite until
I've seen the new schema in 8.0, at the moment I'm not sure if it's
even possible to implement the TrackStat functionality after the schema
change in 8.0. The reason is that TrackStat is currently heavily
dependent on direct access towards the database which I understood
wasn't possible in the new schema.

If TrackStat fails to pass the review, my Custom Browse, Custom Scan,
Multi Library and Database Query plugins will probably fail for the
same reasons.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) 'My download page'
(http://erland.isaksson.info/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))