I was delighted to find the Custom Browse plugin (thank you for your
incredible efforts, Erland!), hoping it would allow me to do what I
wanted with the menus on my two Squeezebox 3s and Boom. After several
evenings of trawling the forums, and trying different things out, I
just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Let me explain:

I'm trying to modify the 'Artists' Custom Browse menu to display
*Artist* - *Album* ordered by oldest first.
I found the following thread <a
href>http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=57957</a>, which
talks about modifying the sort order to "order by albums.year
*asc*,albums.titlesort *asc*,albums.disc *asc*", and have modified the
"artist.template" file accordingly, which I found in "../All
Users/Application
Data/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CustomBrowse/Templates".

However I don't see any change in my Squeezebox 3 or Boom's menu order
- the Custom Browse Artist menu is there, and is even at the Music
Library level, but it still shows an artist's albums in reverse
chronological order (i.e. newest first). I stopped, closed and
restarted SqueezeCenter several times already to see if that had any
impact, but whatever I do doesn't change things.

Am I changing the wrong .template file? I'm running SC 7.3.1 - 24372,
and Custom Browse 2.7.1.

Any help gratefully received!

--
12 Oz Mouse